Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thanks for being part of our discussion group community. To ensure the best possible experience for all discussion group members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By using these discussion groups, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve discussion group discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions about GAPNA Exchange should be directed to GAPNA’s National Office.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, GAPNA Exchange reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules. If you have questions, contact GAPNA’s National Office.
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention or defamation. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages on any discussion group.
- Do not send commercial messages to members via private messages.
- Do not post messages about job opportunities in discussion groups, and do not send job offers through private messages.
- Do not promote membership in other organizations or promote attendance at non-GAPNA meetings.
- Do not use discussion groups to campaign for any GAPNA office or endorse specific candidates.
- Do not post surveys, conduct market research, or solicit members to participate in special projects.
- Use caution when discussing products. Many discussion group postings are available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal conversations or materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a discussion group message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that GAPNA Exchange and other discussion group participants have the right to reproduce postings to this discussion group.
- Chapters are encouraged to promote chapter educational meetings through GAPNA Exchange; however, GAPNA does not permit the promotion of any program that is competitive in time or location to GAPNA’s National Conferences.
- GAPNA Exchange reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages with your name, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only send a message to the entire discussion group when it contains information that will benefit everyone.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the discussion group. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” through the discussion group. Instead, go to your “Subscription settings” to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you have a change to your email address, contact GAPNA’s National Office to update this information in the GAPNA database.
The Legal Stuff
These discussion groups are provided as a service of GAPNA Exchange for the membership. GAPNA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. GAPNA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by GAPNA or any third party. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall GAPNA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal conversations or materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants GAPNA and users of this discussion group the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
GAPNA Exchange does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not, on its own, undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of GAPNA National Office staff, GAPNA staff will take all appropriate action.
GAPNA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.